The 4 C’s of diamonds represent the four aspects that determine how a diamond looks like.
- The Carat weight will tell what the size of the diamond is.
- The Clarity will tell how “clean” will be the diamond from inclusions.
- The Color will tell what is the color of the diamond – white, light yellow or fancy (red, blue, canary yellow etc’)
- The Cut will determine the quality of the cut of a diamond and its shape.
Diamonds: the 4 cs
Once understanding the 4 C’s of diamonds you will be able to:
• Determine what type of diamond you would like to buy.
• Decide on your diamond purchasing budget.
I would advice every potential buyer, once educated enough about diamonds, to set a 4 C’s priority list before starting the buying process.
A priority list will assist you in buying the right diamond and will make the search process much more pleasant.